Museum des Franziskanerklosters Sv. Trojica

Meznariceva 8
Slo - 2235 Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih Goricah
Contact: +386 2 7205556
(Franziskanerkloster Sv. Trojica)
sv.trojica@ofm.si
www.sv-trojica-franciskani.si

GPS co-ordinates:
N 46.577197°
E 15.875738°

How to find us

  Open:
Entry is free. Donations are welcome for the support of the museum.




In the years between 1663 and right up to the reforms carried out by emperor Joseph II, the monastery of Sveta Trojica v Slovenskih Goricah belonged to the Order of St. Augustine. In 1811, the Order was abolished. Then, in 1854, the Franciscans took over the monastery. To this day, the museum has been giving a glimpse into the religious and cultural life over the years, both in the parish of Sv. Trojica and in the monastery itself, with exhibits of liturgical objects, such as holy cloaks and monstrances, together with relics, votive pictures, and much more. Additionally, more profane objects from the everyday life of the monastery are also shown, among them tools for working in wood and glass, as well as household objects and photographs. All of these bear witness to the religious customs and usage in times past.


back          scroll upwards



Gestaltung: Manfred Fassold, Heinz Kranzelbinder
webdesign www.fassold.com